Working Girl

6/27/2006 03:28:00 PM Edit This 0 Comments »

So, I've started that new job at that ad agency. I've been here for almost three weeks and got paid today (*evil laughter*). The story behind this job is a bit long and exhausting so I'll save that for another time… not that it's very interesting. So, I work as a Media Dispatcher, which is a fancy way of saying I liaise with media houses to get ads out, send artwork to them... blah, blah, blah. Basically, I'm a gopher (go-for) in disguise as someone from my past so aptly put it. Frankly, I didn't really want this stint since I'm doing the same thing I did at that other agency, for less money and with more responsibility but it's proving to be more interesting by the minute.

My M.O. at work is so different to the way I operate at home. For one, I am as neat as a pin here (almost anally so), always punctual and amazingly organized. For example, I have no work for the rest of the month. I have done everything I can possibly do. Yeah, there is the stray ad here and there that comes in unexpectedly, but for the most part I'm done. I sit around with nothing to do until I find something or go pester someone for work. Also, I've changed the entire Traffic process that the agency had in place, that was extremely archaic, and I have streamlined all my tasks so I'm on top of everything. In other words, I'm a fricking workaholic.

I am a strange, strange soul.

In other news, I've added an interesting new poem to Stranger to the Sunrise. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: