Inspired and loving it

1/24/2006 01:35:00 PM Edit This 1 Comment »

It's been more than two months since I've written any new poetry (the works in progress don't really count to me). I only just realized that yesterday when Mr. Hill over at Aggressive Fiction asked about them. When I thought about it I was floored. There was a time when I couldn't blink without thinking of some invigorating prose to describe it (good or bad) and now no matter how I'm feeling putting pen to paper has become increasingly difficult.

Usually, my emotions and the depressions I went through were great motivators for me to write and it fulfilled me. I felt okay when I was finished, like I poured myself out on the page and it no longer lived in me. I missed that. So this last night into the wee hours of this morning I decided to get a bit of that back. I haven't felt inspired in a long time so this was a lot harder than it sounded.

I pulled a chair into the back room of my house, turned the a/c on ( I live in Trinidad: It's hot here), and put on Damien Rice's "O". That usually does the trick. But that resulted in nothing but tears and useless phrases. Sometimes it sucks being happy. You never ever seem to get any good without the bad. Apparently, I got love but lost my muse (my fickle emotions).

Eventually I decided to get some sleep but suddenly popped up a few hours later, refreshed and , YES, Inspired. While it wasn't the best of my work, I cranked out two short poems. You can see them on my other blog Stranger to the Sunrise. Ironically, one of them is actually named after this blog. Let me know what you think.

That's all for now. Laters.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Solace, I am just dropping by, I like your site, and Trinidad and Tobago I have never been. I am in Southern California and it's not hot here, yet. Just wait till june!