Baby Steps Bitches!!

1/21/2006 11:49:00 AM Edit This 4 Comments »

I'm back and I'm all over you like white on rice.

Life has been slowly getting better and I'm proud to say I have pretty much worked through or come to a compromise with most of my problems: without the aid of any (non-herbal) medicines. I've bounced back and am better than ever.

2005 was, without a doubt, one of the shittiest years ever but hopefully 2006 will be different. I've actually been keeping my resolution of taking things day by day so far and it's been doing wonders. It's amazing what living life in the here and now can do.

Oh by the way before I forget the play was awesome, we flubbed a little but all the hard work paid off. I may be doing another one soon but I'll have to make time for study so it will be tricky. Holy Crap!! ME? Prioritizing?? dear God what is this world coming to.

I've also picked up a few hobbies: Playing the guitar (hell on your fingertips) and learning how to speak italian (I plan on taking classes at the University of the West Indies soon) *thanks Tish*

I've changed schools and am now pursuing Marketing... go figure. It's cool so far nothing much to say about it besides I've had 2 classes so far and my Marketing Environment lecturer is geek chic and pretty boring but he's okay on the eyes so I'm not complaining.

I've taken a cue from the movie "What about Bob?" and achieving my goals one step at a time and it's working out pretty well. It's amazing how little things can affect your life in big ways.

So as you can see life is good and I don't have much to complain about for once, so laters for now.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

James McGovern said...

What if your university wanted to have a lecturer from the states come down and talk about IT? Could I convince you to switch majors?

Solace said...

Most likely not. As Marketing encompasses many of my strengths and I have a passion for strategizing, I don't think you would succeed. I.T. to me, while a promising career, is more of a hobby than a career choice.

Me said...

Just wanted to wish you a happy 2006 and support the power of positive thinking.

Missing those poems, though. Ahem. I've been shooting a trailer. That's why I've been lax on the fiction. What's your excuse? (wink).

Each one, teach one.

B.

Solace said...

LOL Unfortunately I have no excuse. I've been working on a few, even a song, but nothing's finished yet. Story of my life.

Good luck with the trailer, B. Looking forward to your work.

Sol.