Hello Stranger.

9/16/2005 07:14:00 AM Edit This 5 Comments »

It's amazing how you can know someone for 5 years and not know a damn thing about them. Maintaining friendships, seeing them and talking to them almost everyday for two years, talking to them on the phone every once in a while and seeing and speaking them at almost every get together you have had for the past 3 years. You run in the same circles, you have the same friends, you have more or less the same interests... but you don't know squat about them.

But it takes one night, and instant messaging program and a bad incident and suddenly you see aspects of the person you never though existed. You are intrigued, shocked, surprized and relieved all at the same time. This person is more like you than you had ever dreamed. You see them in a new light and pat yourself on the back for knowing how to choose friends. This is a friend you intend to keep for life.

I will never divulge the information I was amazed and honoured to be privy too. But I had to write something. It was nice to Finally meet them. These are the moments I live for.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

hobbes said...

This is more common than you (or maybe just I) would think. And when you're out in the big cities it gets better. Or worse, depending on the secrets being kept.

Thanks for commenting on my blog (www.oletalk.co.uk/blog), btw. Might write something on it tomorrow now that my school project's done.

Solace said...

You're more than welcome. I like your blog will check it out tomorrow to see :D

Eko Prasetyo said...

yeah..I know what you mean..been there myself..and I do a lot of IM-ing these days..

Tish said...

who is it? Argh, damn my curiosity!

ZackMorris said...

The Fuck is she talking about?