5/07/2005 08:48:00 AM Edit This 0 Comments »

I'm tired of writing about depressing things in my lif and I'm sure you guys are fed up hearing it so from now on I promise to have a more optimistic blog for you guys as well as myself.... of course there will still be alot of depressing posts but that's how I cope okay.... so ... Deal with it :D.

Okay so a little bit of insight into my life, past all the hardships and trials. I'm going to let you see the surface instead of the deep bowels of my despair (dear God I am so melodramatic) .... Lol Wow. Moving on.

See... in the previous entries... I post pictures!! PICTURES! Me! See the times are a-changing :D.

One thing I forgot in the White Oleander post was why I put it. Well, It's one of my favourite movies of all time... something alot of people don't know about me. This movie is one of the few that make you take a good look at your own life and wonder if it's really that bad. It makes you feel a sense of relief when it ends, but not because it's a bad movie but because it sucks you in and makes you feel like you are a part of it. It's also a very inspiring movie.. Many a poem has been writen after watching it.

You know what? To make things short... I'm just going to put what I like

1. The Lord of the Rings: This movie holds alot of senitmental value as well as it's majesty as a movie makes me love it. It is one of those films that rebuild your love for cinema. Though incredibly mainstream, to me it seems to be one of those great movies that will go side by side with classics like Lawrence of Arabia.

2. Thirteen: Horribly disturbing but amazingly beautiful. *sigh* This movie made me cry like a baby.

3. The Nightmare before Christmas: Heralded as a gothic classic and icon, it's nothing like that to me. It is just a feel good movie. Amazing animation and we all know Tim Burton is a genius. I love the storyline as well, so simple but to me it has so many meanings.

4. Meet me in St. Louis: I LOVE Judy Garland. So tragic that she died so young and so heartbroken. It's a gulity pleasure but great movie.

5. 5o First Dates. I love both actors; Drew and Adam (this man is so stupidly hilarious I don't know what to do with myself). They make a great team. This is another feel good movie. A huge chick flick but feel good none the less.

6. Angela's Ashes: Originally from a book of the same name which is one of my favourite books of all time (I read it because of the movie) which is about the "depressing Irish Catholic childhood" of Frank McCourt (Pulitzer prize winning author because of this book by the way) It's amazing how he laughs at this horrible childhood and personifies the statement " One day, we'll look back at this and laugh". I so admire his ability to do so. His writing style is so clever and amazing I could not put it down. But I'm talking about the movie. It was tragic but hilarious and makes you take a second look at your life. Amazing. I could watch it in rapid succession for years and never get bored.


I think this is enough for now. Not to mention the fact that my fingers are getting tired. Heh. anyways. I will most likely post a few times for the day.. I am in one of those rare moods.

Peace!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: